How to wash long hair at home
If you have luxurious long hair you have to use shampoos with a note “for frequent use.” Such hair wash products combine moisturizers and nutrients in the right proportions and have active and healing ingredients that are necessary for long hair. In addition, experts have developed special shampoos for “long hair”, which are intensively cared for the tips of long hair.
Step-by-step guide to washing long hair:
- Wet your hair properly before applying the shampoo to the hair.
- Use a shampoo according to the length of hair. Excessive amounts of shampoos can damage the hair.
- When washing your hair you have to massage the scalp to remove dead skin cells. The dead skin cells often lead to dandruff.
- Rinse the hair well that no shampoo remains on the hair.
- Use the conditioner. Do not apply conditioner to the hair roots but to the ends of the hair. The ends are damaged as usual much more and require the most attention. Leave the conditioner, at least for one minute.
- Rinse the hair, if it is necessary.
- Squeeze water out of the hair as much as you can.
- Wrap the hair with a towel to remove excess water. Do not rub your hair with a towel, as it can damage the hair fibers.
- Try to reduce the use of hair dryer to dry your hair. Let your hair dry on its own. But if you still want to use a hair dryer, use it at the distance no less than 20 centimeters away from the head.
- Comb long hair from the tips to the roots. This method of combing will prevent it from fractures and sprains, but the comb must be made of natural materials (wooden comb is the best one) only in this case your hair will be shiny and easy to pack.